Saturday, January 29, 2011

Debate rebuttal

As I was reading over Victor's blog about how he thinks Faceook is harmful, I came over a point he made that actually contradicts his point.
" I admit that Facebook and Youtube helps me once in a while when i need to communicate with a friend or watch a video demonstration. Whenever i forget to write down a homework assignment or forget the instructions for it, Facebook easily connects me live feedback..."
Now here, I agree with Victor, hence I think that Facebook is helpful. Based on my personal experience, I get on Facebook at least twice a week to ask my classmates for help on an assignment. Besides that fact, Facebook also helps us remember all of our friends on facebook birthdays. At least according to Nicholas Carson.

Facebook makes it easy, without using up minutes on cellphones, to communicate long distance with friends and family members. You can also share hundreds of photos with them very easily without waiting hours to send them via email.
Another quote I got from Victor's blog is,

"I think that Facebook has a lot of unnecessary things like games and groups that are just plain distractions for someone who is trying to just get in, get an answers, and leave."

Now when Victor says, just get in, get an answer, and leave, I am not quite sure what he means. What does that have to do with anything? I have to disagree with him when he mentions that groups are plain distractions. They actually help people greatly in the real world. Jessica Lee points out the fact that,
"Pages Allow Marketers to Publish to the Stream
Pages Allow Marketers to Engage Fans with Rich Media
Pages Let Marketers Analyze How Fans are Interacting with the Insights Dashboard
Pages Let Marketers Increase SEO."
Just the other day, my friend invited me join his group on Facebook promoting his parent's Japanese Restaurant. That is a great way to get the word out about their buisness especially when there is almost a third of the U.S. using Facebook. Moreover, I believe Facebook is very helpful to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment