Saturday, January 22, 2011

Debate Opening Statement

If you are a child actor in a show marketed for young audiences, you are expected to serve as a role model for people their age. First of all, most of the children watching the show admire you, want to be just like you, and will do everything they see do because they think it's okay. Second of all, parents expect highly of the child actor their children are watching and if they do one thing wrong the parents will go crazy because it is influences their children to do wrong things. 


If you make the decision to be an entertainer on a children's show, you cannot be caught in the news smoking a bong and getting high like this very famous young child actress, with millions of fans did recently. The things that children/teenagers see on TV influences and affects their behavior in real life. For instance, if a child admires someone like Batman and he/she sees Batman doing bad things, they are going to think it's okay because their role model is doing it and do it themselves. 


From personal experience, when I was smaller, I loved Raven Symone and the Cheetah Girls. I used to try to dress like them and act like them because I wanted to be them. If I saw Raven Symone doing mean things to someone, I would've did it too because I adored her I tried to do everything she did. So if she did something I thought it was okay. But luckily she was a great role model for kids and didn't do any bad things that got leaked out into the media. Anyways, child actors are highly expected to set a good example for younger kids.


If a child actor does something wrong parents are going to freak out and completely flip out about it to protect their children. Once again, Miley Cyrus got into more trouble with her new video where she is seen rolling around in a bed in her underwear. I found an article with a parent's response and I think that Miley Cyrus is trying to break away from Disney a little too soon. Although her hit show "Hannah Montana"  has ended, her fans still adore her and look up to her. She should lay low before she tries to break in to her "sexy" adult stage. I mean she's only 17. 


But I think everyone expects child actor to set good examples for their viewers and be responsible role models.

No comments:

Post a Comment